- Preparing the country's CIB business plan and budgets in line with the Bank's set business goals and targets and the market outlook / trends
- Leading, managing and monitoring the performance of the country's corporate banking team towards achieving the set targets
- Ensuring high-quality assets portfolio
- Ensuring compliance with the set policies & procedures and HO strategic guidance
- Develop the country's CIB budget and business plan, and propose it to HO for approval
- Review and approve the detailed business plans of the respective CIB segments, based on the overall business target
- Monitor the performance of the respective CIB segments against the set targets on regular basis, and recommend actions to ensure achieving business the yearly targets
- Provide support and guidance to CIB segments in marketing and sales
- Develop pricing guidelines for various segments/ risk profiles based on the pricing policy developed by HO
- Support sales and relationship management efforts through providing new customer leads and joint-calls with the sales team, including FI & Structure Finance
- Coordinate and synchronize the business development efforts of CIB segments to ensure optimal synergy and highest levels of cross marketing / selling
- Coordinate with Regional Manager & CIB Heads in other countries to develop cross-boarder business
- Review and approve credit requests to ensure adherence to credit policies, and appropriate risk-return propositions
- Maintain high quality of assets through ensuring timely updates of customers' credit facilities and close monitoring of risky customers
The successful candidate will have worked in the banking sector in the GCC within significant corporate banking / investment banking experience at a senior management level. If work experience has been secured in Bahrain at some point during your working career - this is highly advantageous.
Fluency in Arabic and English is mandatory
A leading GCC bank is seeking a Head of Corporate and Institutional Banking, managing both regional and international operations.
- Must have strong ''on the ground experience'' within the GCC.
- Ideally an Arabic speaker
- Earlier career experience from Credit risk followed by corporate banking.
- Highly technical within Syndicated Loans, Project finance, International Trade, Cash Management etc
- Key leadership skills both on understanding how to extract the best out of ones team but also managing this in multiple locations.
All applications will be treated with the highest confidentiality.