£45,000 - £48,000 p/a
Accounting and Finance
The Audit Senior works as part of the audit team to participate in and lead staff on audit engagements, working directly with the client under manager supervision.
* Lead client audit engagements, which include planning executing, directing, and completing the audits.
* Ability to review management accounts and VAT Returns.
* Supervise, train and mentor Associates and Juniors on audit process.
* Research and analyse financial statement and audit related issues, as well as producing statutory accounts and draft tax computations.
* Acquire a working knowledge of the client's business.
* Proactively interact with key client's management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
* Build up good working relationships with clients and colleagues and develop advisory skills over time
* To monitor the progress of jobs to ensure that budgets are met
* To optimise use of IT, people and other resources at your disposal, maximising utilisation and recovery
* Sign off audit sections, address any issues and complete files before passing on to relevant managers
* To keep the contact manager, supervisor & others involved informed of developments
* To work as part of a team as well as independently
* To use initiative to solve problems or seek help/support where appropriate
* To take a broad approach to issues arising from file reviews and knowledge of clients so as to develop commercial and technical awareness
* Drafting client letters
* Perform other job related duties as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* ACA or ACCA Qualified with a demonstrable track record of audit experience in an accountancy practice
* Essential knowledge of accounting standards, auditing standards, corporation tax, VAT and P11d's
* Confident communication skills (both orally and in writing) in order to work effectively with Clients , Managers, Partners and colleagues
* Good client relationship skills
* Able to plan workload in advance, agreeing priorities to optimise the effectiveness of own contribution
* Demonstrable experience of supervising others and delegation of work
* Able to work under pressure of deadlines and cost budgets and be prepared to work as needed during the busy periods
* Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments with multiple clients within time constraints and deadlines.
* Able to project a professional and credible image and maintain confidentiality
* Ideally knowledge of Caseware, Sage, QuickBooks and AlphaTax
COMMUNICATIONS AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION WITH ALL LEVELS OF INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CUSTOMERS
- Professional bodies
- Partner companies
SCOPE FOR IMPACT
- Contribution to the achievement of revenue growth by supporting the Company's business objectives through the development of the Audit team and client relationships.
Enter your information below