£50,000 - £700,000 p/a
Accounting and Finance
Our client is a global business advisory firm, dedicated to helping organisations navigate and manage a diverse range of complex issues and business challenges. their expertise covers the spectrum of Corporate Finance & Restructuring, Economic Consulting, Forensic & Litigation Consulting, Strategic Communications and Technology. They are a company with annual revenues in excess of $1.8 billion, with offices located in every major business centre in the world.
Their professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields, and advise across a range of industries. Their clients engage us for high-stakes concerns or emerging opportunities that require specialised expertise, and over the past two decades they have been engaged to work behind the headlines on some of the biggest news stories to date.
About the Role:
Our client has a specialist economics, statistics and econometrics team that works across these industries and contexts. We are looking to hire one or two experienced consultants to work within this team.
The team specialises in combining economic reasoning, with sophisticated economic, statistical, econometric and financial analysis. They work on both advisory projects and contentious disputes. In particular:
* Advise clients on complex and high-profile matters relating to business strategy, government policy and economic regulation; and
* Support parties to a dispute, courts and arbiters in commercial litigation and international arbitration, including by assisting in the preparation of expert reports on matters of liability and damages.
It is desirable that you are also familiar with finance and valuation as you will work with colleagues to provide economic and econometric analysis in support of other types projects.
Skills and Competencies:
To be successful in the role, you will require:
* A genuine interest, ability and experience in applying economics, statistics and econometrics to solve complex, unstructured problems;
* A deep and intuitive understanding of the core principles in economics (especially microeconomics), statistics, and econometrics;
* Significant post-graduation professional experience, in a role that requires the direct application of the above subjects. Examples include roles in economic consulting, economic research and policy analysis for a financial institution, government department, industry regulator, regulated firm or think-tank;
* To be able to communicate effectively both orally and in written reports, to explain complex analyses in simple, intuitive, and non-technical terms;
* Strong project management skills, with experience of managing small teams and individual work streams;
* Proficiency in Stata or a similar statistical and econometric package (such eViews, SAS, or R), Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; and
* Strong attention to detail.
It is desirable that you also have a good understanding of the core principles of finance and accounting (especially in relation to valuation); and an ACA, CFA, or other relevant qualification.
* In general, experienced consultants are involved in the full range of our clients work and are central to our analysis and report writing. They are expected to be able to take responsibility for research and other gathering of information; managing and carrying out analysis; and reporting the findings in a clear, concise and structured way. They are responsible for the delivery of individual workstreams within projects, working alone or with others, and directing, supervising and reviewing the work of less experienced Consultants. They are centrally involved in analysis and the preparation of formal written reports
* In the specialist economics team in particular, your responsibilities will include: assisting with scoping complex problems; suggesting and designing economic, statistical and econometric analyses capable of addressing those problems; identifying data requirements, and managing the process of collecting and processing that data; implementing and supervising those analyses using the appropriate tools; preparing PowerPoint slides, memorandums and formal written reports; assisting with the presentation and discussion of the results of these analysis with senior members of the team, and directly with clients.
Education and Qualifications:
* Required: a first-class or upper second undergraduate degree AND a masters degree in economics, statistics, econometrics, or computer science, from a university with a reputation for excellence in these subjects;
* Desirable: a PhD in economics or econometrics or a closely related discipline;
Enter your information below