£50,000 - £55,000 p/a
Accounting and Finance
A global main market manufacturing plc near Croydon (south London) is looking to take on a recently qualified ACA accountant to join their growing finance team.
This exciting opportunity would be highly suitable for a recently ACA qualified Senior Accountant who has strong IFRS skills, to make their first move from practice to industry.
You shall be working closely with the Group FC and be very hands-on in the role, thus, developing a solid grounding when switching working environments.
The company has strong growth plans over the coming 3-5 years and internal progression to Finance Manager would very much be on the offing for the person embarking on this role.
The working culture is very much a mature, friendly and professional one which should suit an individual who is self-driven and motivated without the need to be highly micro-managed.
The interview process would have two stages involving a general competency discussion along with being asked some questions relating to IFRS so as to gauge your technical knowledge.
In return for your efforts, a generous salary, bonus and pension scheme along with 25 days holiday entitlement are all on offer, so this further underlines the lucrative nature of this opportunity!
The client is looking to hold interviews ASAP, so applications from the above outlined candidates are highly welcomed and encouraged.
Below are the duties & responsibilities for the Financial Accounting role for this £80 million turnover manufacturing business:
* Responsible for the preparation of the annual report and the interim statements
* Liaise with external advisers and external auditors on accounting matters
* Prepare the monthly group consolidation
* Support the month end close process
* Review month end balance sheet reconciliations
* Ensure subsidiary compliance to group accounting policies
* Bank covenant reporting and cash flow statement preparation
* Preparation of the statutory accounts
* Support in the oversight of credit control
* Ensure financial authority tables are maintained within the accounting system
* Act as a point of contact for technical accounting queries within the group
* Support on matters of UK taxation
* To provide support and leadership to the finance department
* Carry out any other ad-hoc tasks as requested by the Group Financial Controller
* ACA qualified
* Ideally from either a Big 4 or Top 10 or Top 20 firm
* Have strong working knowledge of IFRS
* Strong communication skills: spoken and written
* Smartly presented with a professional and friendly
Enter your information below