£52,000 - £75,000 p/a
Accounting and Finance
My client is a global business advisory firm, dedicated to helping organisations navigate and manage a diverse range of complex issues and business challenges. They are a company of more than 4000 professionals with annual revenues close to $2bn, with offices located in every major business centre in the world.
The role lies within our clients Economic Consulting team, which works on a wide variety of assignments that address challenging business issues, solving problems and providing advice by drawing on the disciplines of economics, finance, valuation and accountancy. Issues frequently addressed include the measurement, assessment and forecasting of economic performance; the financial analysis and valuation of direct and indirect interests in businesses; intellectual property rights and complex financial instruments; the pricing of goods, services and financial instruments in markets, and the effect of incentives on behaviour.
Within the Economic Consulting team, the Regulated Industries team is a leading adviser to regulated businesses, economic regulators, law firms and investors in the UK, Europe and internationally. They have been involved in a wide range of engagements drawing on our economics, finance, econometrics and accounting expertise. They provide critical insight and expert reports in the context of periodic price reviews, strategic decision-making, public policy debates, M&A transactions and competition cases.
Some of the types of issues the Regulated Industries team provide advice on include:
* Design of price controls and regulatory frameworks;
* Regulatory and commercial strategy;
* Design of incentive mechanisms;
* Access pricing, charging arrangements and tariff design;
* Cost of capital and financeability;
* Regulatory accounting and reporting;
* Efficiency analysis;
* Economic impact assessments;
* Financial modelling;
* Regulatory due diligence;
* Regulatory disputes;
* Competition assessments and compliance;
* And competition and markets authority appeals.
The sectors they work in include energy, health, post, telecoms, payments, transport and water.
Education and Qualifications:
A first (2.1 or better) or higher degree in economics, finance or another relevant discipline from a university with a reputation for excellence in the subject in question
Skills and Competencies:
*A solid understanding of the principles of regulatory economics and/or regulatory finance;
* Solid practical experience specialising in economic regulation within one or more of the energy, health, post, telecoms, payments, transport or water sectors;
* To be accomplished at obtaining, manipulating and analysing information;
* To be effective in communicating orally and in writing, including experience in writing formal reports;
* Good project management skills and for Senior Consultants, experience in managing people and individual work streams;
Sufficient relevant professional experience at an economic regulator, regulated business or at another consultancy to demonstrate the ability to be an effective Economic Consultant/Senior Consultant in the Regulated Industries team and alignment with our client's values of integrity, creativity, achievement, respect and empathy
Enter your information below