£25,000 - £40,000 p/a
Accounting and Finance
A successful mid-tier accountancy practice in Nottingham is looking to appoint a VAT Specialist. This firm is one of the most progressive accountancy and advisory firms in the Midlands with nationwide offices.
In order to be a successful applicant for this role, you will have experience of offering advice on VAT from within practice or HMRC. You will ideally be ATT/CTA qualified or willing to study (full study support will be offered) and be an excellent communicator. You will be a driven self-starter and proactive in your approach.
Working closely with the London VAT department, you will:
- Provide advice to customers and develop relationships with internal referrers and existing customers
- Prepare VAT registration applications, complex VAT returns and research under the guidance of the Indirect Tax Partner
- Liaise with customers and the HMRC
- Monitor deadlines and customer obligations
- Experience of using Microsoft Word and Excel
- A good understanding of basic VAT principles and an awareness of information sources
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong interest in progressing your career in VAT and as a consultant
Enter your information below