Our client, a high growth manufacturing business is seeking to recruit an ambitious and talented Finance Director to run and oversee the finance and operations function of the business.
Having doubled in turnover over the past three years, the client has created a new FD position to sit between the board and the finance team. The company has exciting and ambitious growth plans over the next 5 years so this is an excellent time to join.
Responsibilities will include:
* Ensuring Finance processes and procedures are robust, continuously improved, risk assessed and compliant with best corporate governance as advised by the ICA, (Institute of Chartered Accountants) to the appropriate set of Financial Reporting Standards (FRS No.'s), through proactive internal audit and external audit.
* To direct and prepare the budgeting process to be completed by the start of each financial year and to monitor and report on variances.
* To direct and prepare the production of monthly management accounts and management information to balance sheet level for internal distribution.
* To manage cash flow and treasury to ensure borrowing requirements are minimised.
* To complete, agree and submit audited year-end statutory accounts by due date each year.
* Undertake Company Secretary duties and responsibilities
* Ensure Company Taxation compliance including corporation tax, PAYE, VAT
* Liaison with auditors re year end statutory accounts
We are seeking a qualified accountant (ideally ACA) that began their career in professional practice followed by significant experience working in industry.
* Prepared to be hands-on where necessary
* Ability to manage senior stakeholders and interface with the Board
* Had experience working with a high-growth business
* Experience with M&A / due diligence projects would be useful.