£30,000 - £35,000 p/a
Accounting and Finance
My client is a high calibre, environmental biotechnology company who specialise in the reduction of contaminated waste streams.
This is an excellent chance for ideally an AAT qualified or Qualified by Experience (QBE) Bookkeeper to join the busy finance department of a successful, environmentally ethical company, undertake typical bookkeeping duties, learn from fellow and more experienced colleagues and progress within the finance team.
You shall be working closely with the operational team, ensure legal requirements compliance, process accounts payable and receivable and manage invoices and tax payments.
The ideal candidate has experience in a similar role within a start-up or SME and is familiar with Xero accounting software.
Ultimately, the Bookkeeper's responsibilities are to accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions of our company.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Recording financial transactions
* Handling accounts payable and receivable
* Complete tax forms
* Enter data, maintain records and create reports and financial statements
* Performing bank reconciliations
* Performing balance sheet reconciliations
* Intercompany accounting
* Assisting with weekly payment runs
* Sales invoicing
* Multi-currency accounting
* Providing administrative and clerical support as needed
Requirements & Skills
* Proven bookkeeping experience
* Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
* Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
* Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
* Hands-on experience with spreadsheets
* Proficiency in English and in MS Office
* Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
* High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
* Xero experience highly preferable
There would be excellent work - life balance and a competitive salary along with a friendly working environment, so it offers a nice all-round proposition for the successful candidate.
Enter your information below