£75,000 - £95,000 p/a
Banking and Investments
Our client, a global consulting firm is looking for a Senior Manager or Director to work within its market leading Financial Services Consulting team.
The Financial Services team advise decision-makers in diverse circumstances. We provide complex financial instruments and derivatives expertise in valuation, risk management, dispute and investigation to clients globally. We have extensive of experience in trading, investment management, valuation and risk management covering multiple asset classes including equity, fixed income, credit, commodities, foreign exchange, interest rates and energy.
We serve a wide range of market participant and offer transversal industry expertise to clients globally (buy side, sell side, financial intermediaries and regulators), in special and complex situations such as transactions, restructurings, disputes, mediations, litigation, international arbitration, and investigation.
1.Valuation and Risk management: We combine our quantitative skills with unrivalled industry expertise, market research, cutting edge technology and insightful data to provide informed and pragmatic valuation solutions. We leverage our critical thinking, trading, investment-management and valuation expertise as well as our proprietary models, cutting-edge technology and data analytics capabilities to provide best of class, tailored and strategic operational, market, credit, liquidity and model risk advice and solutions.
2.Disputes, Litigation & Arbitration: We leverage our trading, investment management, valuation, risk management and regulation knowledge to provide independent expertise and testimony in disputes, litigation and arbitration globally.
3.Investigation: We rely on our deep expertise with financial instruments and trading environments to assist market participants or regulators in the context of investigations.
4.Transactions advisory: We provide support in transactions where trading, valuation and risk expertise is central to understanding and valuing a business in the context of mergers, acquisitions, liquidation, close-outs or restructurings.
About the role
Directors have a central role on projects, taking day-to-day responsibility for delivery, organisation of the work into streams, and the effective use of Consultants or Senior Consultants. Typically, Directors will develop with Senior Directors and more senior project team members the approach to projects, or parts of large projects, and are responsible for anticipating, identifying and resolving issues and keeping Senior Directors informed of progress. Directors are responsible for the preparation of formal reports, including their structure and content.
Directors will develop and manage a network of professional relationships with clients and others.
Qualifications and experience
The qualifications and work experience that we look for in Directors candidates are:
* BA/BSc, MSc, PhD in a quantitative discipline;
* In the process of completing or having completed a relevant professional qualification (e.g. CFA, CQF, FRM, CAIA) is considered an advantage;
* Strong work experience in quantitative finance, derivative valuation or risk management roles in investment banking, asset management, investment funds or energy/commodity trading. Prior work experience in an advisory capacity and prior experience at delivering projects in a contentious context (litigation, arbitration, investigations or disputes) are considered a bonus;
* Sufficient relevant professional experience to demonstrate the ability to be an effective EFC Director and alignment with our firm's values of; integrity, creativity, achievement, respect and empathy.
Knowledge and competencies
Suitable candidates will be problem-solvers who enjoy developing and applying bespoke approaches to solve complex, unstructured problems in a logical manner. Candidates will have strong analytical skills; be able to explain their work and communicate their conclusions and findings clearly, both orally and in writing; and be able to draw upon considerable experience of applying principles to solve problems in practice. The ideal candidate will have an eye for both the big picture and for detail.
In addition, the following knowledge and competencies are required:
* a solid understanding of the principal concepts in valuation, accountancy, micro-economics and finance and a deep understanding of the concepts in one or more of those disciplines;
* to be able to develop and apply robust methods to address complex economic and/or financial issues;
* the capacity to critically evaluate and compare different sources of information and assumptions to assess reliability;
* good understanding of financial instruments and derivatives valuation and/or risk management techniques across asset classes (equity, fixed income, credit, foreign exchange, interest rates, commodities, energy);
* familiarity with global financial market policies and regulations is considered an advantage
* an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meeting deadlines whilst having to rely on inputs provided by others;
* to communicate effectively and authoritatively verbally and in writing both internally and with clients. The candidate should experience of writing and structuring reports, and acting as a regular day-to-day contact for clients; and
* the ability to report and interact with all levels in an organisation (from back to front-office, finance, legal, marketing, operations, IT);
* to be proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of other relevant analytical software such as Microsoft VBA or Access is also desirable.
* advanced programming knowledge (e.g. Python, R Studio, C++);
* working knowledge of database systems and financial data providers (e.g. Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters);
* fluency in a foreign language is considered a bonus.
Enter your information below