£0 - £0 p/a
Banking and Investments
There are 4 key areas to the role and responsibilities to each area are as follows:
1. Product Development / Structuring
- Strategically add new products to the existing suite of WBG products.
- Encourage in-house product development initiatives and team work.
2. Product Documentation / Processes
- Lead WBG in achieving comprehensive Shariah-compliance
- Assist WBG exercise required controls relating to Shariah-compliance
- Assist WBG enhance its policy & procedures as well as product manuals / programs in accordance with Shariah
3. Transactional Advisory to various WBG teams globally
- Be the primary WBG interface with Shariah, particularly on complex / structured transactions and help streamline Shariah approval process as well as reduce turnaround time on time sensitive deals (in particular)
4. Capacity Building through Product Training (staff and customers)
- Help serve product needs of WBG clients, more effectively and efficiently, by reducing the turnaround time and increasing the response time to WBG clients.
- Manage Sharia non-compliance risks associated with offering and execution of the products / services used by WBG clients.
- Help WBG curtail the cost of credit
- Minimize the need for externally developed training material and training costs
- Assist WBG staff acquire and enhance specific knowledge on relevance of Shariah to WBG products and generally to the affairs of the WBG.
Skills / Experience required for the role:
- At least 10 years experience in product development / product structuring / Shariah Advisory / Product Training.
- Islamic Banking experience is mandatory
- Specialized experience in transactional Shariah structuring
- Knowledge of product manuals and procedures
- Experience in managing Shariah compliance requirements with business objectives
- Formal academic training in both Shariah and Banking
Enter your information below