£60,000 - £80,000 p/a
Accounting and Finance
Investment Banking, Valuations and Opinions, Analyst
Our client is a trusted investment banking advisor to business owners and senior executives of leading private equity firms and public and privately held companies around the world. Their advisory services include mergers and acquisitions, debt advisory, growth equity and restructuring for the mid-market. They also provide valuations and fairness opinions and joint ventures advisory services. As one tightly integrated team of more than 500 professionals across 15 countries, they offer an unobstructed perspective, backed by superb execution and a deep commitment to client success.
Our client is now looking for an analyst to join their Valuations and Opinions team. Being an independent adviser, they provide impartial advice across a number of sub-sectors.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
With a small team based in London, an analyst will be responsible for execution of active assignments and pitching for new mandates. An analyst will require the following experience and qualifications:
The Analyst position within the Valuations & Opinions Group provides an excellent opportunity to become an expert in valuations. The Analyst serves as the analytical and organisational anchor for the Valuations & Opinions Group.
Responsibilities are often more entrepreneurial than at other firms providing self-motivated individuals with many opportunities to contribute to a dynamic and growing platform. Successful Analysts are assertive, motivated self-starters with the desire and potential to succeed in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
* Preparing, completing, and ensuring the accuracy of financial models and sophisticated valuation analyses;
* Writing valuation reports and presentations;
* Coordinating recurring valuation projects with team members across multiple geographies; * Interacting with clients and preparing deliverables;
* Maintaining proprietary valuation databases;
* Tracking the capital markets and analysing any changes within the markets;
* Preparing marketing materials for meetings with potential clients;
* Supporting the senior members of the Valuations & Opinions Group;
Skills, Qualification & Experience
* Excellent analyst foundation with advanced understanding of financial statements and various valuation methodologies (DCF, LBO, comparable company analysis, etc.);
* Proficiency at financial modelling with advanced Microsoft Excel skills;
* Strong writing skills and experience with PowerPoint and Microsoft Word;
* Effective organisational skills and the aptitude to manage people and work products;
* Strong communication skills and experience interacting with teammates and clients;
* 1-3 years of professional experience in valuations, corporate finance, fixed income or accounting;
* Have a 2.1 degree from a leading university or international equivalent;
* Active AAT/ACCA and/or minimum CFA Level I is preferred, but not required
Enter your information below